Tackling Drug Addiction in Kansas
There is so much information available online that sometimes it can feel like there is simply "too much." All you probably want is clear information on a handful of options that would work in your particular situation. If that's the case, we can help. Drug and Alcohol Rehabs is a service to you for Kansas citizens, whether you are from Dodge City, Garden City, Kansas City, Manhattan, Topeka, Wichita or surrounding areas. Our narcotic and alcohol addiction professionals can help you choose the best rehab option for you or your loved one in Kansas. If you want to cut through all the clutter and get to the heart of the matter, our professional counselors will be glad to help.
Recent Information About the State
Kansas passed legislation restricting the sale of products containing pseudoephedrine, commonly used in the manufacture of methamphetamine. Most of the legislation follows the model of the laws passed in Oklahoma, placing such products behind the counter, limiting the amount of purchase, requiring a photo ID at the time of purchase and mandating that pharmacies keep a log of purchases.
The Truth Behind Dependence
Addiction is a complex medical issue. The mental cravings and physical dependence may be both scary and overwhelming at the same time. That is one of the reasons that this is the type of problem that many people can't overcome alone. Treatment is recommended for people struggling with a dependence on any substance, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription drug abuse, crystal meth, cocaine and heroin. With the right help, the patient will receive the addiction treatment and detoxification that he or she needs. The best type of programs offer behavioral and addiction health treatments; recognizing that programs which offer motivational services that depend on the patient are the most successful.
Stop! Before you send your loved one to a drug rehab center based only on cost or location, contact us to find out what types of rehabilitation programs have the best recovery rates.
Call us at 1-800-964-1075 for drug and alcohol rehab help.
How Can You Benefit
Addiction to narcotics is not just something that affects people in Kansas, but affects millions throughout the country every year. Illicit substances do not merely affect the person that is struggling with addiction, but everyone around them as well. It is not just enough to help someone detox from narcotics, it is important to find out why the person is using to begin with and to provide suggestions on how to live a life without the need for narcotics. These issues are often addressed in one comprehensive program that touches on all the aforementioned aspects.
How Do I Know What the Right Facility Is?
Of course, our counselors are there to help you if you need them, but it may be beneficial to know a little more before you ever get them on the phone. Find out what sort of treatment is the right one for you, the one that will best suits your needs. Long-term crystal meth programs, short-term cocaine, inpatient alcohol rehab, outpatient opiate detoxification, whatever you are looking for there is likely an option available. However, because there are so many different options available, it can be difficult to begin to narrow them down. Ask yourself the following questions before you ever make a decision:
- When can I begin treatment? It is always best to have the chance to start as quickly as possible.
- Does this facility have the physical, mental and medical expertise necessary to provide a solution?
- Will they work with my insurance? Finances are an important consideration for many prospective patients.
- Has anyone else gone through this same experience? This is precisely why a service like ours exists. We don't rely on marketing; we rely on the experience of others.
- What is going to happen to me here? It is important to engage in a treatment that you are comfortable with. Otherwise, the desire to continue treatment is only going to decrease.
- Is this program the right one for me? By gathering information and speaking to a drug and alcohol consultant, you will have enough information to make your decision.
Important Facts to Keep in Mind
- Most that need help do not get it – Remember that the vast majority of individuals who would benefit from receiving help never actually get it. A survey by the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that while more than 23 million individuals spread throughout the country suffer from some form of dependence, fewer than 10 percent of these individuals are going to receive help from an addiction center.
- Having a good attitude pays off – The highest levels of success are reported by those people who keep a positive mental attitude throughout the entire process. It is true that withdrawal symptoms are not going to be much fun and at times patients may feel downright miserable, but those who put effort into their recovery find that they get the most out of it.
- Family can play a role – Even though many patients feel embarrassed about their problems, many times family will play a key role. Family members not only provide motivation, but may also help their family member maintain sobriety. It gives the patient someone to talk to.
- Rehab is not only for celebrities or the wealthy – If you read gossip magazines or watch the evening news, it would almost seem as though the only people entering alcohol and drug rehab are celebrities. The truth though, is that a good program treats every individual the same. Because insurance companies are becoming more accepting of support therapy, good programs are now available to more individuals.
- It all starts with detoxification – No matter what substance the individual is struggling with, it starts with detoxification. It is undoubtedly the most crucial step in the entire recovery process. By ensuring that the harmful toxins associated with abuse leave the body, it gives the patient a chance to move on and get away from the constant physical cravings and on to counseling, aftercare and other parts of the program.
If you want more information about a particular topic, you can always reach one of our qualified counselors any time of the day. Whatever your questions might be, we will do our very best to provide the answers.
Call 1-800-964-1075 today and find out how much your life can change with one simple call.
Important Local Contact Information:
Department of Corrections
Local Addiction and Prevention Service
Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Awareness (RADAR) Center
Office Safe and Drug-Free Schools
State Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Local Recovery Centers:
3015 West 31st Street
Lawrence, KS 66047
1301 North Duncan Street
Newton, KS 67114
New Chance Inc.
2500 East Wyatt Earp Boulevard
Dodge City, KS 67801
523 Main Street
Larned, KS 67550
5410 West 58th Terrace
Mission, KS 66205
Contact us for alcohol and other drug rehab referral services for Kansas. Call 1-800-964-1075.
Get rehab help now
Call or fill out the form below
free locator service
Rehabs by State